As the Principal of our historic school, I am excited to welcome you to Butte Central Catholic High School. Our students are taking an amazing journey marked by what they learn and who they become. I firmly believe that students can achieve incredible accomplishments when educators, parents, and the community supports them. Come see why many colleges and universities consider Butte Central as one of the best preparatory high schools in the state of Montana.
J.P. Williams, Principal
Through the generosity of its Catholic parishes and numerous alumni, Butte Central Catholic High School serves all committed families in Butte by providing an outstanding 9-12 Catholic educational program. Accessible to all families, the BCCHS is committed to providing excellent education in an environment of the Catholic faith and moral values. BCCHS prepares students for an exciting future by building partnerships with families, parishes, and the wider Butte community. Through academic, religious, and co-curricular programs, BCCHS strives to produce leaders in the Church and in society.
The teaching of spiritual, moral, and ethical values begins at home; however, BCCHS assumes the responsibility for extending and broadening parental modeling and training for all students.
Preparing our students for college is Central to Butte Central Catholic High School. We are committed to making sure every experience, throughout their four years, is designed to not only guide our students on a path to attend a four-year college or university but excel once they arrive. We also help our students get a head start on their higher education careers. Through the Montana Tech Jump Start Program, Butte Central will offer expanded college credit opportunities in 2019-2020. Butte Central High School offers college credits, dual credits, and advanced placement college credit opportunities. 100% of Butte Central High School students who apply for college are accepted, with 80% receiving scholarships assistance. College preparatory is Central to Butte Central Catholic High School.
- The Butte Central Catholic High School class of 2019 combined for a total of $1.4 million in college scholarships for an average of $70,000 per graduate.
- 24 former Maroons are currently participating in Collegiate and University athletic programs which include the NCAA and NAIA.
- The Simperman Scholarship Program provides funding for new incoming Butte Central students for the year 2019-2020.
- Seniors accepted to Carroll College are also eligible to receive additional Simperman Scholarships that provide funding for up to 4 years at Carroll College.
- Butte Central and Carroll College have entered an exciting educational partnership!
- Butte Central students are eligible to apply for free on-campus housing for four years (estimated value of $40,000).
- Butte Central is also building exciting partnerships with MT Tech, U of M, Montana Western, MSU, MSUB, & many other outstanding institutes.
- 100% of Butte Central students who apply for college are accepted.
- 80% of Butte Central students receive scholarship assistance.
Butte Central is one of the most technologically advanced private high schools in Montana. Every day we learn with SMART Boards or SMART TV’s in every classroom. Our 400 new computer devices, including personal computers, laptops, iPads, and Chromebooks, give our faculty from Pre-K to high school, an edge that helps prepare our students for college and beyond. We’re also blessed with 3 new computer labs allowing technology to be integrated into all levels of instruction.
College preparatory is Central to Butte Central Catholic High School and we help every student and family create a pathway to higher education where they are prepared to succeed. School tours can be scheduled by calling (406) 782-6761, but we also encourage interested families to stop by anytime to tour the school. We’re confident you’ll be impressed with not only our educational environment but also our caring and loving community. Go Maroons!
Butte Central is Dedicated to making sure all families can afford our schools! In 2018-2019 our tuition structure was condensed to 2 tiers:
- Tier II $4,000 (AGI up to $99,999)
- Tier I $6,000 (AGI $100,000 or greater)
Maroon Pride Package will be added to support the Butte Central Education Foundation. The package will include Maroon Activities Center memberships & activities cards, Autumnfest Tickets, Auction Ticket. (package will be a per family fee for all K-12 families)
We work with every family on an individual basis to find a way for your students to attend Butte Central. Our goal is to find a way for everyone to be a part of our community. Scholarships, financial aid, and multiple student discounts are available. We believe in what our school has to offer and want to give everyone the opportunity to experience
For more information regarding scholarship assistance, and ways that Butte Central can help your child receive the education you deserve, please contact:
Don Peoples, Jr. -- President of Butte Central Catholic Schools
Life for high schoolers is more than just, well, school. At Butte Central High School, athletics, activities and the arts are Central to the well-being of our students, giving them a cultural edge that will separate them from the rest of the pack. From participating in team sports at the highest level, to developing student leaders right alongside future rock stars, we are committed to providing our students a wide array of cultural experiences that create well rounded young women and men ready to change the world for the better.
At Butte Central Catholic High School, we’re in the center of everything on the courts and fields. Strong athletic programs have been a part of Butte Central High School for nearly 140 years. Besides providing a strong physical fitness curriculum for all grade levels, we provide students the opportunity to participate in a wide array of team sports, including football, basketball, baseball, softball, track, cross country, golf, and many others - winning over 34 Montana State Championships in athletics. Butte Central High School also placed 35 fall student-athletes on the All-Academic Team in 2019!
At Butte Central High School, the arts are Central to the well being of our students, giving them a cultural edge that will separate them from the rest of the pack. We’ve been encouraging the artistic side of our students since we opened our doors nearly 140 years ago. With a substantial fine arts program, private guitar lessons, and an excellent band, choir and yes, rock band, Butte Central High School is committed to providing our students a wide array of cultural experiences that create well rounded young women and men ready to change the world for the better.
As a student at Butte Central High School, you can be as involved in extracurricular activities as you like. From student government and Key Club to ACT Boot Camp, to college and career readiness and, of course, guitar lessons at the highest level, no matter what your interests, you’ll find your place.
Butte Central Students continue to be actively involved in exciting programs and organizations including:
- Key Club
- Youth Legislature
- HOSA (Health Occupation Students of America)
- High School Guitar Program - Many of our BC Students are learning guitar in an exciting program under the direction of Russ Nelson
- ACT Boot Camp - Each Spring our Junior Student participate in an ACT Boot Camp
- Naviance College & Career Readiness Program
- Title I – Services have been added to serve students in need of additional academic Support
- Esther (Sullivan) Cote Resource Program has been expanded to provide personal attention & academic support to students
- Weekly Mass is celebrated at Butte Central High School
- A new retreat program offers retreats for every high school class and our 8th-grade class.
- Our high school students experience prayer and reflection each day through a “Daily Devotional”
- Community Service and the Gospel Messages are important parts of our school systems.
Butte Central Catholic High School Administration & Staff
JP Williams | Principal
Chad Petersen | Athletic Director
Korey Gillis | Human Resources Director/International Recruiter
Amanda Ellwein| Transition Specialist
Tamora Henderson | Office Manager
Julius Hall | Facilities
Tom Foley | Building Maintenance
Kerry Hellyer | Student Services
Misty Cerise-Cunningham | Biology & Life Sciences/Graphic Arts/Yearbook
Patricia Small | Physics/Chemistry
Kevin Edgar | History/Government/Drama/Speech and Debate
Jane Goedert | Business Computer Science
David Curry | Theology
Page Grogan | Spanish Language Arts
David Johnson | English Language Arts
Kristina Billington | English Language Arts
Diane Johnson | Mathematics
Daniel Bradt | Mathematics
Brian Yelenich | Health/PE
Russell Nelson | Music Director